Good evening to all of you. Please find below the schedule for testing this week. In spite of the rain delay for Monday, we will begin the math testing tomorrow morning around 10:00 AM. Thankfully, the first part of the math testing is the shortest portion and does not require the use of a calculator. Please remind your student(s) that calculators are allowed for Tuesday’s math testing. Monday, April 24 = Math – Part 1 ; Algebra I (non-calculator portions)
Tuesday, April 25 = Math – Parts 2 and 3 and Algebra I (calculator portions)
Wednesday, April 26 = Science
Thursday, April 27 = Social Studies
Friday, April 28 = Make-up tests
Monday. May 1 = Make-up tests
* We have a limited number of calculators for student use, so please remind students to bring their calculators to school on Tuesday, April 25.
* Cell phones should not be present in testing environment. Please remind your student(s) that the middle school policy for cell phones is that they are to be turned off between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM everyday.
* Please encourage your students that getting plenty of rest and eating a nutritious breakfast are helpful in successful testing outcomes.
* Please be on time to school as we have a strict testing schedule and testing protocols to follow each day.
* Due to maintaining a consistent school-wide testing environment, please note that we will not be able to make our usual calls into rooms during testing to collect students for appointments. Thank you for your understanding.
We are all excited to see the results from the collective efforts of our greater school family for the TNReady Testing. Our supportive parents, wonderful teachers, and dedicated students have prepared for these upcoming moments all year. I have every confidence that we will once again see our students shine! Thank you for your continual support of West Valley Middle School today, during the upcoming testing season, and always.
David Claxton | Principal