WVMS PTSA Wednesday Weekly (August 31, 2016)
Current/Upcoming PTSA Events:
– Membership Drive (through Friday September 2nd) – In an effort to reach our goal of 1,000 memberships, we have extended the Membership Drive until this Friday, September 2nd. We have less than 400 memberships to go to reach it and hope that if you haven’t already that you will consider supporting the PTSA. Your membership dues go towards funding: class parties, events and programs sponsored by the PTSA, spirit wear, and hospitality for the WVMS students, staff and faculty (doughnuts for students, dinners for teachers during open house nights, etc.). Thank you for your support!
– Friday Night Lights (Fridays, September 2nd and 30th)– Join the WVMS PTSA at the September Bearden High School home football games! Our PTSA tent will be set up before each game and is a great place to grab a small bite to eat and meet up with other WVMS families, staff and faculty! Bearden home games are on Friday, September 2nd and Friday, September 30th. Stop by anytime between 6pm and the start of the game!
– Membership Bash (Friday, September 23rd 6pm-8pm)– Our Glow-in-the-Dark Membership Bash on Friday, September 23rd (6pm-8pm) is not something to miss! It’s so much more than a dance! The whole gym glows in the dark, there’s a concession stand full of candy (sold at a low price), popcorn and soda (provided with the purchase of a PTSA Membership), and photo booths! A PTSA Membership must be purchased by at least one person in a student’s family and a permission slip must be filled out and signed by a parent. Go to https://westvalleyptsa.org/membership/
– Tech Savvy (Monday, September 26th 6:30pm-8:00pm) – Ever wonder what are the best ways to keep your kids safe on the internet? Join us Monday, September 26th at 6:30pm in the Media Center tolearn more from Leonard Knight, a former WVMS parent and owner of Neighborhood Nerds. (We will have a VERY brief PTSA general meeting before the program begins.)
– Clinic Volunteers – As a school health clinic volunteer, you are offering valuable time and service to our children and community. This service involves caring for our children with minor illnesses and injuries. Please contact Kelsey Mitchell if you would like to find out more information about how to volunteer atKelsey@graymitchell.com
– Box Top Volunteers – Volunteers help sort, date, and group box tops for proper submission. For more information, please contact Patti Walker at email@example.com
– Membership Bash – A volunteer sign up for chaperones, picture takers, and those willing to pass out popcorn and sodas will be coming soon! Be sure to join the PTSA Facebook page so you don’t miss your chance to sign up and to keep up to date on other PTSA information! (Search for “West Valley Middle School PTSA” to join).
Visit our Website: westvalleyptsa.org
Facebook: West Valley Middle School PTSA
WVMS PTSA President