Please find below some announcements and information for the week:1.This Wednesday night is Moe’s night! Go eat at Moe’s on Northshore Drive to support your school! The Environmental Club is raising money to improve our outdoor campus areas. Please show your support by eating great food at Moe’s this Wednesday night August 24th from 4:00 – 8:00!
2. Please join our WVMS PTSA! The cost is $10 and all proceeds benefit the the children and teachers of WVMS. If you do not have a form, you can find one at https://westvalleyptsa.org/membership/ as well as other important school information. Forms and fees can be returned to your child’s homeroom teacher or the main office.
3. School fees are still being collected. Please remember that fees other that the general one ($35.00) will need to have separate checks.
4. Free and Reduced Lunches and Lunch Payments. Please visit the KCS Website – Departments – Food and Nutrition page online to set up payments for school lunches and to also fill out the online form for free and reduced eligibility.
5. School coupon books will soon be coming home. Books will be sold September 8-27, so please feel free to have your child start taking orders! More information will be coming home in the near future about this annual fundraiser for schools.
6. The WVMS Education Foundation would love your feedback. Please take a moment to complete a general survey about the newly formed WVMS Education Foundation. The link to the survey is https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8VR5NZB
7. Thank you for your continued patience with our bus routes. As the KCS Transportation Department makes updates to the routes and busses on the routes, you should be receiving information from them directly. If you have any questions, feel free to call our main office for assistance. Our latest update is that starting this week, bus 114 will be completing both the morning AND afternoon routes.
8. Pick up in the afternoon #1…We have received a request from the neighborhoods across the street from the school that families are parking in their lots (apartments/town homes) and consistently using driveways on George Williams to turn around and park along the road. Please note this is not school property and residents may call authorities for assistance in dealing with these issues. We encourage all parents to pick up children in front of the school.
9. Pick up in the afternoon #2 – Please refrain from parking/waiting in line in front of the covered awning area in front of the school. Please begin the parking line at the designated area (marked on sidewalk) as the curb in front of and near the awning is for handicapped vehicles, students, and their parents.
10. Student Information Verification Sheets – please keep sending those in to the main office and if you need to make any updates or changes to your student’s information in Aspen and do not have the form, please feel free to download a copy of it on the WVMS home page (quick links). Again, he completed forms can be delivered to the main office.
11. Students riding a bus home with a friend – please send a note from home with contact information and permission to ride a different bus. These notes need to be brought to the office first thing in the morning so that our office staff can verify the plans and write approval for the bus drivers to see in the afternoon.
12. Please review an email sent to you this past weekend regarding the expectations for the dress code.
Have a great rest of the week,
David Claxton | Principal